Saturday, December 10, 2011

Maturity is indeed a wonderful thing!


It's been so long since I made a post here. I just thought I'll have an update of things just so that it makes an interesting read - for ME when I come back sometime later! :D

I am no longer as confused as I seemed when I made that blog post in May. Yeah well, I am confused on some other aspects of life. But about picking anonymous numbers' calls and whether mom should or shouldn't shift to Chennai? - RESOLVED! :) Some interesting developments have happened in life these 6 months. Mom shifted to Chennai after a point when I couldn't tolerate living in hostel anymore. I got seriously ill and hospitalized during Aug/ Sept - it was an allergy outburst which was worse than I could handle. :( And I'm no longer worried about picking calls from anonymous numbers that call me for a project interview. Good or bad - I've moved into a project post training in the ILP. Of course, there were some critics out there, who lashed me (and some who still do - certain pricks, in the name of cousins) for choosing such a project. The bottom line is, I'm happy with my choice(s) today. Given the opportunities, I'm sure I can move up with time. There's this beautiful quote right? "Being happy doesn't mean that everything's perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections". Now that's precisely my mindset.

After the hospitalization episode, things turned sour once more. The allergy refuses to cease, even now. The best thing is, I have decided to cope up with the allergy without the "usual" medicines. So I'm fighting it in a different way now - Minus the medicines. It works and it doesn't work but for all it's worth, I'm trying! I am sure that this too will pass. :) What's life without hope and prayers?

I've moved through a lot of troughs and crests. I've made, lost and ignored a few friends. This is reality. It teaches you lessons the hard way. You don't have a scribble pad where you try out things before doing them actually. I don't know if I can relate with someone's life. But my journey thus far has been unique and gifted. I'm thankful to God for that! :-) I'm moving to a more sombre narration of my journey. It could be a bit heady but then, this is my space. I can say what I want, shout all that I can because I feel like it! Certain friends wanted nothing more than "FUN" out of being in company. Sheer hooliganism, no sensitive feelings, none of I-share-your-sorrows-and-I-understand-your-difficulties. To those of you who've been there and those I've muted from my picture, I all I want to say is: Go ahead. Enjoy the sand and the sun. Make more friends, be more merry cos this is all you expect out of being friends. But I wont be among that variety. I wont simply sit there and watch you criticize and rip apart my state of life. I have chosen to move on. If all I give you is a daily dose of ignorance and care-a-damn attitude, then you can certainly be sure that I've decided that my life's better without you in it. :-) Of course, when I say all these things, I know certain friends who will stir out "Hey! You never told us anything on how you felt. Are we magicians to know your mindset? You have to come out and say what it feels like." at me. Well, thanks guys! Your love, warmth and care are deeply appreciated. I have been through and know what it is to be under the "I-Care radar" of yours, which is the size of a.. Nevermind! Life's too small to point out at the ignorable blotches that ruin your picture! :)

I feel that I have developed a certain maturity these days. Be it the people I choose to interact with or the things I wish to talk about. Definitely I'm a new person with each day. I have also begun to think on the lines of What's next? .. Marriage? No, not yet. I'm too young and immature for it at this point of time. Studies? Hmmm, perhaps! Why not? Provided I can work hard enough to crack the entrances and do myself proud! In between, I'm also living a dream of travelling to places afar. Europe, USA, Australia, Egypt - Somewhere like this. I WILL travel somewhere among these, sometime soon. And why? I want to live my life to the fullest. I want work towards making certain dreams a reality before I answer the flame within, asking me to outperform more than my yesterdays! :)

Because, one day we're all going to die. The intermediate phase between being born and death is the wonderful phenomenon of Life. It's not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ;)

“Life is like topography, Hobbes. There are summits of happiness and success, flat stretches of boring routine, and valleys of frustration and failure.”

Adios, until the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment