Sunday, December 25, 2011

Ho Ho Ho!

Merry Christmas, everyone. May the festive season's cheerfulness engulf you now & always. :)

I was honestly pondering upon what to write for a while. And then came the series of updates to share with y'all.

Red Nail Polish

Believe me, it's close to ten years since nail polish touched my long cuticles. And I thought, Hey why not? when I saw the bottles of nail polish resting in the Saravana Stores covers on Tuesday. I have three shades as of now - Deep Romantic Red, a dark shade of brown and a dizzying Pink. I've reserved the bottle of Pink shade for my birthday week. (Oh yeah, my birthday's just four weeks away. Whee :D ) Only after applying the enamel on my nails did I realize what a sticky affair it all is. I mean, I had to wait until it all dried up and that was approximately an hour of waiting without giving any heavy-duty to my hands. The next day morning, I accidentally chipped away a bit of the nail polish when I was pulling my lunch bag from the handle of the seat in office bus. Oh boy, that did irritate me! So much that immediately after entering home, I went straight to the shelves, pulled out my bottle of nail polish and mended the chipped portion. Hehe! It's gotta be perfect, if you ask me. Right now, a lot of it has chipped away from my left hand I'm not bothering to mend it. But yes, the point I'm trying to get through from this update is - My nails look so much inviting and beautiful with a coat of nail polish. I'm loving it! B-) It makes you feel cool/ confident when you swish your hands in the air, trying to make a point to someone. LOL!

Chris-mom Chris-child Update

The festive season has come to an end at office. No more of the beautiful game here on - not for another one year at least. I'd always walked up to the conference room regretting on the large amount of work left in hand and how I'm playing games with so much to do. But no more of it any longer! Gee, I've turned fond of the game after all. :) My Chris-mom S got me a bar of Cadburys Dairy Milk Fruit and Nut for a gift. It was great! I finished the entire bar last night, all by myself. Muhahaha! Maybe I should've saved some for mom, perhaps? ;)

Also, I went upto my Chris-child G and handed her the basket of flowers. She didn't come to office on the concluding day of the game and I gave it a day later. She loved it, so I'm glad. :)

I've befriended a new person - R. He works at Accenture and we met through the office communicator pertaining a request I'd launched. He put up a status on friday - 75. I asked him what's with the unusual number displayed on the status message. He said, he'll be moving to CISCO in another 75 days. I felt happy for his good fortune. Unexpectedly, it triggered a question within me which I'm trying to answer sincerely - So when am I moving from here? Agreed that the organization I'm working for is one of the best in India. And globally. Work level isn't so high (Except for this Feb release I'm working on, which is so hectic!) People are friendly, approachable and all that! But, you know what pricks me? My FA rating is out, though not officially declared. But I know the value - 3.9. It's neither close to 3, nor 4. X-( In our organization, there's an unacceptable policy for rounding to whole number. If it's 3.4 - round it to 3. If it's 3.9 - That too is rounded to 3. :( Can you see what I'm trying to point? It's typically lame. But that's how it works here. And I don't know why it has to be me, WHY ME, oh Lord? After all that I've done for the team, I feel it's not fine by me. But can I argue? Well, no. Just like they can't change anything about the work levels I'm putting for the Feb release, this is also something I can't do anything about. Well, there's a bias that exists. The upper levels of the team work on Process Management issues and don't do much apart. Talk about Corporate Domination. Sounds bad? Will I turn into such person if my career grew here? I'm turning lazy and cozy, in my comfort zone. I need to work on beating that. I can surely achieve more, if I stemmed all my energy in the right direction.

I keep meeting my cousin S (By marriage to my cousin V) all the time at the bus stop here. He keeps giving me tons of advice and tells me what's good and what's not good - from his view. Do I need these lectures? Nope. He can just care about his work, his kids and so on. Why pull me into the picture and try raising the standards of my life? So I avoid sitting beside him if I can avoid it. My dad's family are feuding with us for a long time now. Not that I care too much for them. Just saying in general. How cool would it be, to rise up the ranks and show him a piece of my life? B-) *Aside* Dream on, kiddie!

Talking of office, we had this New Year 2012 Bash at office on thursday - Scintillate 2012. Some DJs came on the stage, mixing peppy numbers and had the crowd dancing to a cocktail of fast beats. :) It was fun being out there. My friend M said there was a Mimicry show before the DJ nite began. I missed that, but tuned in for the DJ Nite. People let their hair down and danced like there was no tomorrow. :D I just sticked to clapping my hands and tapping my feet to the rhythm. My colleague S danced like crazy and some others from our project - M, S, B et al saw her dance. It became a hot topic of discussion temporarily. Hahaha! S is still embarrassed about it though. She said, "I wish you too came along with me and we had stuck together as a group. Then I would've made you also to dance and I would've had company now while they teased." :D Scintillate 2012 - Good work, Maitree! I only wish I was with the right people when I was there. Sigh. Anyway, next year's always there. :)

We're having Potluck on Wednesday. And initially, I agreed to bring 15-20 chappathi for the crowd. But later, the organizing people asked me to bring Veg Biriyani for 6-7 people. Knowing mom and how much trouble I'd put her through for this - I told them this can't be done. So I'm contributing a share of money for the Non-veg Biriyani. Irony, right? Paying for something that you're not going to eat. :P I'm not going to eat anything on Wednesday morning. Just so that I'll be able to eat plentiful during Potluck. Tee hee!

I'm turning mature with time. I've stopped feeling slightly put-off for missing the New Year Getaway. C was pinging me on FChat yesterday, asking me how's work, how's life, Wassup and all that. I kept giving her monosyllable replies, wishing to give nothing more. Looks like I've finally become mature enough to let go of certain things and people in life. I just pray what I've chosen to do is among the right decisions.

My cousin C was going to come pay us a visit today. Cousin C lives and works in Canada. She did her Masters course there. They said they would visit us, but actually never turned up. How rude!!! They should've at least updated us about the revised plans for the day. That too, they didn't do. Mom's pissed off with their attitude. She's planning a getaway next week when they come. Even the old and much wiser parents can get ticked off, I tell you. I'm irritated too, because I got up sooner than my usual time and got ready for their visit. I didn't even go for my evening walk despite the weekend duty that I consider it to be. Okay, looks like the Self-centered, Egoistic family still haven't changed one bit. X-(

To conclude this post, here's a Christian prayer song on a Very Special Day -
(I miss being in Scudder during the fabulous season of Christmas. My school was and is the best!!!)

Silent night, holy night!
All is calm, All is bright
Round yon Virgin, Mother and Child
Holy Infant so Tender and mild,
Sleep in heavenly peace,
Sleep in heavenly peace.

Silent night, holy night!
Shepherds quake at the sight!
Glories stream from heaven afar;
Heavenly hosts sing Al-le-lu-ia!
Christ the Saviour is born!
Christ the Saviour is born!

Silent night, holy night!
Wondrous star, lend thy light!
With the angels let us sing
Alleluia to our King!
Christ the Saviour is here,
Jesus the Saviour is here!

Silent night, Holy night!
Son of God, love's pure light
Radiant beams from Thy holy face,
With the dawn of redeeming grace,
Jesus Lord at thy birth;
Jesus Lord at thy birth.

Merry Christmas, folks. :) Enjoy your time off with family this festive season. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment